ACO StormBrixx is a unique and patented plastic geocellular stormwater management system. Designed for surface water infiltration and storage, its versatility allows it to be used in applications across all construction environments as a standalone solution or as part of an integrated sustainable urban drainage (SUDS) scheme.
ACO StormBrixx addresses the fundamental requirement of access and maintenance for SUDS Approval Boards (SABS) and water companies, whilst retaining the structural integrity of the installation.
The open cell structure permits completely free access for CCTV and jetting equipment which allows the whole system, including all the extremities, to be inspected and maintained from just a few access points.
The patented brickbonding and cross bonding feature provides a strong, long term installation and also helps to improve the construction speed of the tank.
ACO StormBrixx simplifies delivery, site logistics and installation as a result of its stackable design. Each single injection moulded piece nestles, optimizing logistical and installation cost significantly, helping to reduce the carbon footprint of the product.
The ACO StormBrixx system consists of a single recycled polypropylene piece that can be assembled in a variety of ways to form an open bonded structure.
ACO StormBrixx’s unique pillar configuration gives a high void ratio of 95%. This minimises the excavation required to achieve a specified storage capacity, reduces the aggregate needed for backfilling, and improves the flow characteristics of runoff through the installed tank.
Side panels are added to the perimeter of the system for lateral support and top covers are added to ensure consistent vertical support for the cover fill material.
Additional accessories available include inspection point and pipe connectors, geotextiles and geo-membranes, as well as a 600 x 600mm access chamber for full inspection and maintenance.
ACO StormBrixx can be configured to minimise silt accumulation and has the added feature of a low flow and drain down facility ensuring that the system can be properly maintained throughout its life.
- The patented brickbonding and crossbonding feature delivers a strong and robust tank installation
- The open cell structure provides simple access for remote CCTV and maintenance equipment to inspect all levels and areas of the system
- The system has a unique ‘draindown’ facility – a simple access and clean feature of the tank (Attenuation only)
- Access chamber provides access for cleaning, large pipe diameter inlets and silt management
- Delivery, site logistics and installation are all dramatically simplified, as a result of the system’s ‘stackable’ design
- A clip-in 3 way connector improves the structural integrity of multilayered tank structures and where brickbonding is not used
- Inspection point for camera or jetting equipment
- Clear column ‘pathways’ simplify cleaning
- Smooth surfaces prevent silt build-up
- Top covers support infill material
- Clip-in 3 way connector and the crossbonding feature permits off site construction of the system
- ACO StormBrixx can be assembled in a variety of different tank configurations to satisfy installation and site requirements
- Silt management and control achievable through tank configuration layout
- Bonded stacking for optimum stability
- Low flow, draindown and silt management facility
- Environmentally efficient solution, minimising carbon emissions in manufacture, transportation and on-site assembly
- High void ratio minimizes excavation volume
- Fully certified performance
- Manufactured from recycled and recyclable polypropylene
- Suitable for all industrial, commercial and residential applications including access roads.
- Distribution yards
- Industrial estates
- Hard landscaping
- Petrol filling stations
- Private parking areas
- Public parking areas
- Residential developments
- SUDS – Sustainable drainage system
Not recommended applications